Villa Doria d’Angri is a historical-artistic structure of Naples; It is located in Via Petrarca 80, in the district of Posillipo.
The structure seems to come out from the rock. Indeed, it has been specifically conceived on a large tuff bank, with which seems to form a single architectural body. The original project, today, slightly altered by additions and subsequent rearrangements, provided an architecture with two floors on a high base with three rows of arches, decorated with rusticated stucco. The last technical element holds the large terrace that surrounds the building, which are the subject, on each side, a gallery with four Ionic columns. The side terraces were the hanging gardens with water features and fountains; external continued along the ramps, going up on the hill forming of Delights gardens.
The interiors have been finished by Guglielmo Bechi, who donated the original decorations in Pompeian motifs, but also mirrors, tiles, stucco, etc …
The monumental structure also has a fine octagonal pagoda, built by Antonio Francesconi (1806-1882).